Accurate & easy to use
One of the biggest factors affecting the continued health of wheelchair users is the safety of their wheelchair seating design. If elevated body surface pressures are not relieved, wheelchair patients are susceptible to tissue damage that can lead to the development of pressure ulcers. We developed ForeSite SS because we understand that therapists rely on pressure mapping so they can develop effective pressure redistribution strategies for their patients.
The ForeSite SS system
With a combination of accurate, reliable & durable sensors, high resolution images and easy to use software designed with therapists in mind, ForeSite SS is the most advanced pressure imaging system available for wheelchair seating design. The system is medically certified.
Specifications & Performance
The LX100 sensor, our preferred sensor offering, features superior image quality and is cleanable, eliminating the need for disposable sleeves. It is durable, yet light and flexible for better conformability. The extremely accurate sensor never needs to be re-calibrated—so you can rely on accurate pressure measurements for the entire life of the sensor.
- Pressure sensor is very thin, flexible, and light, so it conforms to the chair’s seat and back, providing an accurate image of pressure distribution
- Reliable LX100 pressure sensor measures with +/- 5% accuracy and does not need to be recalibrated
- Pressure sensor provides superior image quality with 1296 sensing points (5x more than competing systems) to ensure no details are missed
- ForeSite SS software clearly shows the elevated pressures, and provides advanced tools to evaluate symmetry and mark anatomical features
- Touchscreen tablet, pre-installed software and wireless sensor are hassle-free
- Easy to use software makes it quick to record and compare multiple seating designs
Our LX100 series is ideal for wheelchair seating applications:
|SENSOR||SENSING AREA (cm x cm)|
|LX100:36.36.02 – cleanable||45 x 45|
|LX100:40.40.02 – cleanable||50.8 x 50.8|
|LX100:48.48.02 – cleanable||61 x 61|
|LX100:40.64.02 – cleanable||50.8 x 81.3|
Additional benefits for wheelchair seating design:
- An intuitive, user-friendly interface — it’s simple to learn and has an easy to manage client database
- Generate reports within the software
- The ability to capture still frame images or recordings and make comparisons
- Wireless communication between pressure sensor and tablet
- Medically-certified system that’s light, modern, and easy to use
- Our preferred sensor offering is the extremely accurate, permanently calibrated and cleanable LX100.
- HIPAA compliant data encryption to ensure data security
- Easily transferable data and images — data sharing and transfer between users is greatly simplified
- WiFi Connectability allows users to send data via email
We are the only IEC-60601-1 and ISO 17025 compliant solution
ForeSite SS is the ONLY complete clinical seating system to be compliant with IEC-60601-1 standards, and the ONLY seat sensor that is certified as cleanable to the AAMI TIR-30:2011 standard.
Superior and User-Friendly Imaging Software
The system’s user-friendly software requires minimal training and provides simple, easy to read visual results and statistics. Advanced tools include anatomical markers, symmetry and 3D views. Clinicians can set up a file for each client, save stills or videos of pressure images, then share them via email. Reports can be generated right in the software. Advanced data security keeps your clients’ information safe.