Detailed Impact Interface Pressure
How can designers minimize the elevated body surface pressures and verify performance of head restraints and seat backs during rear impacts? How much pressure is being exerted on a driver from airbags and seatbelts during front impacts?
Until now, that information has been unattainable. That’s why XSENSOR developed a force measurement system designed to measure interface pressure at high speeds.
Acquiring accurate pressure information during sudden impacts requires a fast and responsive impact force sensor combined with powerful software tools. XSENSOR’s HS Impact system provides detail on surface pressures before, at, and after impact, allowing engineers to isolate issues and implement effective changes that can then be measured and repeated.
An impact force sensor that delivers outstanding performance
Our impact force sensors provide accurate, consistent measurement and are capable of withstanding the vibration and shocks during normal use in crash test applications. For test engineers, the proven calibration stability leads to consistent data over thousands of cycles, which means reduced re-calibration frequency and higher equipment availability.
- Our HX impact sensors contain thousands of sensing points that are sampled at over 2,000 frames per second
- Our rugged data logger comes ready to mount to crash sleds and has programmable remote trigger options for repeated testing procedures
- HX impact sensors are thin and conformable, with a fast response rate and are available in a range of sizes and pressure ranges
- All data is consistent and repeatable on a cell-by-cell basis so you can capture exactly what happens during and after an impact
Specifications & Performance
|SENSOR TYPE||USE CASE||SAMPLE RATE (fps)||PRESSURE RANGE (psi)||SENSING AREA (cm x cm)|
|hx 210:48.64.02||Back-of seat, head restraint||2,450||0.1 – 32||61 x 81|
|HX 210:40.64.02||Back-of-seat||2,800||0.1 – 32||61 x 81|
|HX 210.50.50.05||Head restraint||2,350||1 – 100||25.4 x 25.4|
|HX 210.25.50.05||Small surfaces||2,900||1 – 100||12.7 x 25.4|
We are an ISO 17025 certified pressure imaging sensor manufacturer
Unlike other sensors on the market, our sensors maintain their calibration due to the capacitive technology design used and the unique materials used to make these sensors. Our ISO 17025 accreditation means that we have demonstrated competency in producing accurate test and calibration data from our sensors. Your ISO registration requires your suppliers provide verified calibrated test equipment and recalibration processes to maintain your compliance.
Superior Imaging Software
XSENSOR’s feature-rich HS Pro V8 software allows you to view live or post-process and then analyze the data. Recordings can be triggered remotely and synchronized with other high-speed data acquisition devices allowing you to:
- View pressure throughout the impact
- See product performance throughout the impact scenario
- Compare designs and modifications